[600MRG] WD2XSH/6 tonight

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Sat Sep 7 21:36:51 CDT 2013

John,

 This exciter has balance pots which will shut down tubes.

To drive the 811 amp, I have one 6GE5 running at 1/3 plate current.

Now I am running what I will use if we get 5 watts ERP for the ham band, all
three tubes almost full-bore.

I disassembled and cleaned the "sticky" plastic insulating bars on the
neutralizing condenser, and used Brian's suggestion to add length to the
possible arc trail.

I replaced the metal screws and washers with nylon screws and fiber washers.

 Sticky is gone, now I need to find better fixed capacitors to go in series
with the neutralizing cap so I can meter the tube grids individually and do
my own "matching" of hamfest 811s.

Thanks for being there to listen,

Pat /6

  _____