[600MRG] Thank You WD2XSH/6 transmitter failure advice

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Sep 7 15:19:13 CDT 2013

On 7 Sep 2013 at 13:10, Pat Hamel wrote:

> Thank you Brian and all !
> If I replace the metal mounting screws with nylon and add tape to the
> metal mounting tabs, that should be the quickest and simplest method.
> There is always a solution on this mailing list ! 73, Pat

Another solution which I have used successfully in the past is that thick red
glyptal varnish which was often used in the past for the 30KV TV anode
supplies.

Trouble is, I don't know where one can get that stuff now. It used to be sold
in bottles by GC Electronics, the same company which used to market tuner
cleaners, volume control cleaners, and other such things.

The last time I used it was with a negative ion generator I built. Boy! Did that
thing EVER put out negative ions! I was amazed. I could set my Simpson
260 on the 1KV DC scale, connect the positive lead to "ground" and hold the
negative lead 12 inches above the output device and measure 1KV easily.

Ken W7EKB