[600MRG] Time info & WSPRX

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Wed Sep 4 01:16:46 CDT 2013

WSPR-X has the facility to choose the transmit audio carrier frequency.
 I was planning to see if the Motorola channel modem would hit the correct
WSPR frequency if I could select the closest channel suppressed carrier
frequency and select the correct audio modulating frequency. It worked for
PSK on 508.800 by using the 800cps audio from the PSK program.
I finally found time-a.nist.gov and time-b.nist.gov and WSPRX seems to be
working again on my shielded loop.
So I will watch with interest the discussion of the best way to synchronize
the time.
One more note.
>From observation doing CW QSOs on 600 meters, down here on the gulf coast
there are two QSB rates, a slow one - about 45 minutes and a rapid one -
about one to two minutes. Has anyone used WSPR data to get good data on the
QSB rates? Are they the same summer and winter?
Thanks for all the information on the different time sync sources.
73,
Pat /6