[600MRG] DDS on 500MHz was XPQ WSPR2

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 13:52:23 CDT 2013

Dick - yes even with my shaky hands and need lots of magnification eyesight I managed to do the fine pitch soldering on the display - the new ReV model Ultimate 3 will have bigger pitch and be back lit, again easing the eyestrain.

Im using the 500kHz LPF  plug in module kit today - sweeping the filter for 500K gives some 41dB second harmonic attenuation, that followed by a 7 section W1VD and a hi-Q loop means not of lot of stuff escapes apart from the 1st. I use
http://www.picks.plus.com/software/LFtunemeter.pdf   to see whats going on and still useful down at 0.5W or so.

 I dont think the kit as is will goupto 50 as some people even had had to tweek the DDS a bit for operation on 28.

Im using the latest (as was) 2.04K chip which arrived yesterday - 2 mins to program up using two buttons in sequences and hey presto. In the end ill use it a X2 source for 137 and 500, square it up a bit, so it can be fed into a flip flop for the two FET PA , so will mod the filters accordingly

Yes its purely a standalone transmitter for the QRSS market so youd have to go back to the good old days of flicking a switch or interfacing the logic. Inputs are GPS/1pps (although it could run without this), 5V DC from a Walwart; Outputs are 50 ohm connector of your choice and thats it. No puter.

A (simple) Patch GPS module is also available for the 1PPS and Data required for auto Maidenhead location definition etc. I use a homebrewed version of the G3RUH 10MHz GPS solution for my data -   It appears to me to be the easiest way to get on Ive seen with these modes to date.

I wasnt fortunate to be selected for an XSH licencsee as I travelled too much during the original processes but got XPQ after WD2XDW (2003-6 Alaska and Oklahoma) after I was moved to AsiaPac for a few years.

Cheers
Laurence KL7 L We2XPQ etc