[600MRG] Inverted-L back in service

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Wed Oct 16 14:23:15 CDT 2013

After having the eme array lowered for a week for seasonal eme system
maint. and adding components for the 900-MHz band it is back on top
of the 50-foot tower, thus the inverted-L for 600m is also back up
(one end of the Inv-L is tied off to the eme tower).

I will try to listen to some WSPR in the coming days (today the radio
is in use for 1296-eme).

When I get a chance I will try loading on 495-501 MHz with 100w (ERP
4.15w).  May take some effort getting all it all working again, but
then it enables WSPR-beaconing or CW.  K3 is limited to operating
495-KHz and up (no Tx on 472-478 KHz).  SDR-IQ can receive much lower
but cannot use WSPR as there are no SDR-IQ drivers in the sw (only
soundcard interfacing).  I mostly use the SDR-IQ as a spectrum
analyzer receiver looking for signals and use the K3 for actual Rx and Tx.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
dubususa at gmail.com
"Kits made by KL7UW"