[600MRG] WG2XIQ CQ on GMSK 15.625 baud at 2 minute intervals.

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 10 15:00:43 CDT 2013

Good Afternoon,

I am CQing on 475.66 +/- a bit using GMSK @ 15.625 speed.  This is the same freq I use for WSPR each night ("dial freq" 474.2, signal near 1460 Hz.)  Since WG2XKA and I are the only stations recently operating WSPR2 on 630 stateside, I don't expect any freq overlap problems.  GMSK is not *that* wide.

I will operate at least through the afternoon but may continue through the early evening before transitioning to WSPR2.  I am wondering how the skywave might work with this mode, if at all.  The VK's and ZL's have reported some reasonable success with CMSK, a slightly different flavor of MSK.

You can download MMVARI, which contains a module for GMSK at http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmvari.php

73,

John KB5NJD/WG2XIQ