[600MRG] Ultimate 3 must have???

Dave lf at g4fre.com
Sat Nov 30 13:13:20 CST 2013

I have used the ultimate1 on hf and the ultimate 2 on 477kHz in the past.
2 and 3 are similar, the reason for the change being the LCD in the 2
becoming unavailable.

The only issue I had was that when software bugs are fixed (like it couldn't
work out my grid in texas and corrupted the memory doing so!)you need to get
a new chip from England ~10days; you cant get the code to reprogram the old
chip (I now have 5 "old" chips)

For this reason I moved to the m0xpd QRSS shield available as a kit from
http://www.kanga-products.co.uk/ which uses a cheap dds shield and arduino.
Software bugs can be corrected in minutes

Dave

Ww2r, g4fre