[600MRG] /20 tonight

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Fri Nov 15 23:44:27 CST 2013

XJM is QRT tonight.  Vertical is loaded for 160M at the moment (waiting
to snag W8A/Somoa).

Just finished putting together two 30 ft lengths of tubing salvaged from
previous QTH.  Plan is to join them and erect sometime this weekend for
a dedicated 630M antenna in the middle of the 160M 4SQ array to take
advantage of the extensive radial field and simplify switching.
Modeling the system shows the 630M monopole only leeching 0.1dB from the
max forward gain of the 160M 4SQ, so minimal effect.  Unless it becomes
a mechanical problem, (8) 30 ft top loading wires will be used.  These
things are rather flimse (regular 6063 tubing) and can fail easily when
raising if everything isn't prepared meticulously.  A video WA3TTS took
of the last 160M element going up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1DpF0Gb8Zc

Maybe QRV Sunday night.

73 Eric XJM