[600MRG] Newby on the air WG2XPJ beacon testing

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Sun May 26 20:58:49 CDT 2013

I have a CW Beacon operating within about 10Hz of 472.2kHz.  I am
running 100 Watts from a newly completed Class-E amp temporarily driven
by a Protek DDS waveform generator.  The antenna is a full-size
horizontal resonant dipole (266 meters), strung from tree to tree in
woods 2 meters above the ground using aluminum fence wire and electric
fence insulators.  The wire is oriented ssw from NW Vermont (Milton),
which is also the direction of maximum vertical E-field radiation.  It
is broadband transformer matched from ~130 Ohms to 50 Ohms.  The rain
does not affect tuning.  The 1.5:1 SWR bandwidth is nearly 35kHz.
I will run till ~11PM, then announce future times.  I am not set up for
QRSS yet.