[600MRG] Sumthin I read on a QRP reflector today

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 23 18:38:43 CDT 2013

That's my hope.  I talk a lot about the Part 5 license and the process and how
easy it is if guys will break into the beer money for the filing fee.  I've
offered in the past to literally hand-hold through the process and make that
point in the presentation.  I also make mention of our success in the past of
identifying illegal operations.

I think the eham survey says a lot about people's perceptions of the band and I
hope to show a lot of these guys that if they have an 80 or 160m dipole, they
can use it as a marconi with a little effort and get on the band in some
capacity.  It may not be perfect, but that gets back to a discussion that was
had on this reflector last summer about how this band should be available to the
average ham.

The other side is that I look forward to breaking up the monotony of programs on
MESH networks and "how to setup a roadblock in an EMCOMM situation" that this
very large hamfest seems to have a lot of year after year...

73,

John KB5NJD/WG2XIQ