[600MRG] WD2XSH/7 tonight is...

Ralph W5JGV w5jgv at w5jgv.com
Sun Mar 31 23:26:54 CDT 2013

...still running the same power and schedule as always, but the whole
place is running on the backup generator since about noon CDT. As of
this email, that  makes 11.5 hours on the generator. At a fuel cost of
$180 per 24 hours. Ouch! (Big genset, expensive fuel, too much stuff
eating electricity.) But that's what it's for.

 We had a severe thunderstorm earlier today that ripped down trees and
power lines. The road out of my area to anywhere else is still blocked.
Hopefully things should be back to normal in the early morning.

I had several 5"+ diameter limbs ripped from the top of several oak
trees. They landed in the yard away from the house. A couple of trees
near the edge of the antenna field were uprooted, but again, no damage
was done to anything else. In  the local area, I saw several large pine
trees with 12 to 20" diameter trunks snapped off a few feet above the
ground. Pine trees seem to like to break that way. Unfortunately they
took the power lines and some power company hardware down with them when
they fell.

73,

Ralph  W5JGV - WD2XSH/7