[600MRG] XPQ Alaska loop radiation pattern

Laurence KL1 X hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 17:09:38 CDT 2013

Weve been working ("weve" meaning "Ive" - call it a British trait) on looking at my 506kHz rectangular transmit loop radiation patterns just into the far field to see what pattern it was producing I also wanted to get an idea of the losses where one side is an open lake and the other reasonably "treey" with Birch trees dense enough to call it woodland if not forest. In a typically not too easy to find a road/track in Alaska scenerio to actually get to a measuring point equi-distant from the loop makes the number of survey points a little limited. We just dont have  the roads or tracks = For 506kHz  it was interesting to note that off the side of the loop the attenuation was a lot less than I thought it might have been -  and the "gain" or less loss of having the lake or moreover open ground was around 2-3dB  Im still working on the 137kHz data to see how it equates to previous survey work as WD2XDW in Oklahoma. For interest http://kl7uk.com/PatternXPQ.jpg Laurence KL 1 X  WE2 XPQ