[600MRG] WSPR on a Loop Stick

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 24 21:17:37 CDT 2013

Storms pounding my location tonite, I wanted to do some radioing,
but there was NO WAY.. I was connecting an outside antenna to my
rig tonite... What to do ?? Well, I remembered I had an old
BCB Loop Stick antenna in the junk drawer.. Felling a bit adventerous,
I started connecting the various wires to the 9:1 XFMR until I started
getting some noise.. Once I found the right connections, I peaked
the tuning slugs, and started seeing some S-Meter deflection from the
static.. Continued experimentation with tap points, Tuning Caps, and
Matching Coils resulted in bringing WG2XJM from barely copyable, to,
strongly audible.. That dag-gum little antenna setup surprised the
heck out of me..

0104 -23  0.475673  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0110 -27  0.475673  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0126 -29  0.475672  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0132 -17  0.475672  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0136 -11  0.475674  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0140 -16  0.475674  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0148 -21  0.475672  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0156  -8  0.475672  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0204  -7  0.475672  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

0212 -12  0.475672  0  WG2XJM EN91 37

73: Andy - KU4XR - Friendsville, TN. - EM75xr