[600MRG] WD2XSH/38 on the air

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Fri Jun 7 10:00:33 CDT 2013

This is the first time I actually decoded QRSS.  For now, my setup uses
an HP3586C receiver, but with Spectran connected directly to the 15625Hz
IF output, which I ran to the back panel.  At the low signal levels we
have, the IF output is linear without AGC, and the center frequency is
exact.  I can receive anywhere in the band with the receiver set to
475kHz.  This avoids the receiver's BFO, which uses separate crystals
not linked to the synthesizer.  Spectran can just handle the 15625Hz,
giving a minimum BW of 0.17Hz.  It is nice to have a frequency check as
I plan to use the tracking output of the receiver to drive my amplifier.
I wish the WSPR software would work on 15kHz.............................