[600MRG] Night of nights Friday evening

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Thu Jul 11 22:34:33 CDT 2013

Bill,

I only wish I had kept lists of those stations, beyond the few I remember,
WCC, WBF, NMF (all nearby), WSL, WAX, WNU, NSS.  I probably heard WBF
Buffalo on 8 MHz daytimes, but I spent more time with MUX and AT&Ts
inverted SSB that was only clear when it was on a channel marker in the
"clear".  I used to copy Interpol on 15070 CW, also on 3975 with quick
comms to St. Pierre and Quebec from KKN20 Embassy station.

73

DR

On Jul 11, 2013 10:21 PM, "Bill Cromwell" <wrcromwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There will be transmissions from some of the old maritime coastal
stations Friday night. Details are here:

> http://www.radiomarine.org/gallery/show?keyword=nonxi&panel=pab1_5#pab1_5
>
> I will be putting my BC-453 online to hunt for the transmissions around
600 meters. I'm afraid my RAK is deteriorating from age (tubes, caps,
resistors?) and I'll do some "A/B" type comparisons against the BC453 which
has been working very well. Once upon a time I use those coastal stations
to build up my Morse proficiency. So tomorrow will be a nostalgia event.