[600MRG] Summer 2013 - WD2XSH/45

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Jul 1 01:42:50 CDT 2013

I have rolled up the ground plane for the inverted-L for the summer
lawn mowing so will be QRT until end of August.  Then I will layout
the radials and measure tuning to make any adjustment on the loading
coil and to resume beaconing.

My MFJ269B antenna analyzer got accidently zapped with 26vdc so I
have some repairs to make before its usable, again.

This fall I may start working on a 470-KHz transverter to use with my
K3 (using my 10-MHz OCXO as LO.). Until then I will be working on
6m-eme and 23cm-eme projects while the 600m band is noisy.

The inverted-L is still usable for Rx, but reception outside Alaska
is unlikely during summer.  I am still thinking about a rotatable
6-foot shielded loop antenna when I find time to build.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
dubususa at gmail.com
"Kits made by KL7UW"