[600MRG] Noise limiter for BC-453

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Wed Jan 30 13:52:20 CST 2013

Someone here asked me about the simple noise-limiter that I have installed
in the BC-453 I use for MF monitoring.

At the time I was asked about it, I had lost the schematic. Since then, I have
found it, and a couple of others, one of which may be even better.

The one I have installed in my own BC-453 requires only a couple of
resistors, one capacitor, a switch, and a 1N34A diode, and is quite effective
against the type of repetitive-pulse noise we experience regularly on MF.

The NL receives its input directly from the detector in the BC-453, and
operates on the noise before the resultant audio is passed on to the audio
stage.

As soon as I am able, I'll post schematics and photos of my own installation
to my www.w7ekb.com/glowbugs/ website and will alert the list to where to
find it.

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."--- John   Wayne