[600MRG] WE6XGR beacon strong in Wisconsin

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 21:41:18 CST 2013

I am copying a very strong signal this evening at about 475.8 kHz.  Sounds like a WSPR beacon with a relatively fast CW ID of WE6XGR at the end of each transmission.

I just installed the WSPR software but so far have not demodulated anything.  I can see audio is getting to the program OK but I guess I'm probably not tuning to the right frequency for decoding.  I'm on the upper sideband - but what pitch should the beacon be to decode (on a signal that is strong enough to hear by ear that is)?

Steve WD8DAS

Near Madison, Wisconsin.

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/