[600MRG] WD2XSH/7 is back on the air...

Ralph W5JGV w5jgv at w5jgv.com
Sat Jan 19 12:55:04 CST 2013

...after repairing the mechanical coupling in the antenna auto tuner.

Of course, I reassembled it with the rotary coil in the variometer 180
degrees out of phase, so as soon as the controller saw a tuning error,
it cranked the variometer backwards, making the error worse. Figures.

After another trip out to the antenna tuner and some swapping of the
control wires, everything works as it is supposed to.

I am running the 4-400A amplifier [ I need the heat in the shack :) ]
and the transmission is still the same -  WD2XSH/7 is beaconing on a
frequency of 476.300 KHz, 20 watts radiated, with an alternating mix of
CW and PSK31.

Scheduled operating hours are 24/7.

73,

Ralph  W5JGV - WD2XSH/7