[600MRG] Visit to a NDB station

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:15:58 CST 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 20:08 -0500, sbjohnston at aol.com wrote:
> I asked a FAA friend of mine for some photos of a Non-Directional
>  Beacon site next time he visited for maintenance.  I gathered the
>  photos in a Flickr set to share - if you're interested have a look.
>  The first image is a description of the site...
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/32025136@N03/sets/72157632537920879/
>

> Steve WD8DAS
>
> sbjohnston at aol.com
> http://www.wd8das.net/
> Radio is your best entertainment value.

Thanks Steve,

I feel a little more relevant being on this list. That NDB is in my log.
It's only 145 miles away. I have also observed that my antenna when used
in this part of the spectrum has a big main lobe to the Northeast -
straight out the St Lawrence Seaway. This on is almost due west of me
across Lake Michigan. It's still fairly easy copy. Now I have images,
too.

73,

Bill  KU8H