[600MRG] Show and tell, Home Brew...

Paul N. Gayet AA1SU AA1SU at arrl.net
Sat Feb 23 23:14:34 CST 2013

Brian WA1ZMS,
Interesting coincidence.
I was just going thru my 600MRG Reflector Mail folder. I then added your email address to my address book (I only had your ARRL alias in there).
My mail program then dumped a few of your emails into a folder called Unread From Contacts.
I browsed thru them, and clicked on the link below.
The interesting coincidence is that a neighbor of mine dropped off this antenna to me as he was moving out on the neighborhood.
I wasn't sure what it was, but was certainly not going to turn down a free antenna.
The only difference is that mine has 28 turns, instead of 8 turns. It also does not have a LNA.
It needs some repair, but I have been using it to listen to shortwave in my basement from time to time.
Mine terminates to an alligator clip that I clip onto a telescoping antenna on my AOR AR8600.

I'll have to give it a try on 630 Meters soon.

73
Paul N. Gayet AA1SU
ARRL Vermont Section Manager
AA1SU at arrl.org