[600MRG] A suprise catch and an old friend

dave.riley3 dave.riley3 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 3 02:32:00 CST 2013

Tried NEED.. Is +20-30 above noise here on Spectra Vue and VX9MRC is QSB
to S9 on the S meter...

Both are most QRK5 for armchair CW QSO...  VX9MRC is 599 on RX and
measuring 30+ dbm/noise on Spectra Vue...
If I could only get CW speed down to 20 second dots would be good aural...

Re-installed 500' loop here after clearing some trees and it performs
better by far @ night than the 1000' BOG...
The loop is monster dog wire from e-bay shot up in to the pine trees
with compound bow, no need for insulators, radials, or loading coil,
even on TX...
Tunes with series vacuum variable at fairly good Q... Has got out to
west coast and SV1 in the past...

BOG is way better in day time... Not so hot for EU...

TNX from Dave @ /17