[600MRG] WG2XFQ for Annual Fessenden Event...

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Mon Dec 23 22:10:40 CST 2013

Just FYI...

The old MOPA is up and running after many months in hibernation.  I tested

it this evening on 486Khz into the antenna and the typical 225w of carrier
with

Heising modulation still sounds good. My plan is to be QRV on 486kHz this

year starting at 00:01UTC on Dec 24th.

As in the past, a repeat is planned for New Year's Eve and into New Year's
Day

for those who cannot be around for the X-Mass transmission period.  I hope
for

good band conditions over the next 10 days and I would *Greatly* appreciate

any and all reports of signal or even carrier detection.  If time permits, I
hope

to GPS injection lock the osc stage of the MOPA so it will be spot-on
486.000kHz.

If that doesn't happen, please expect some freq drift over time. Remember
it's

a 1921 UV-201 as a free running osc., as would be the case in that era.

Merry Christmas to all and a Nappy New Year!   That said..here's hoping for
an

FCC decision in 2014 for a formal Amateur allocation on 630m here in the US.

73,

-Brian, WA1ZMS/4 & XSH/31 & WG2XFQ in Va.