[600MRG] WD2XSH/31....

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Mon Dec 16 19:27:24 CST 2013

I had to have a few sick and dying oak trees removed today from my property.
As a result I was QRT for a few hours during the day while the tree crew
removed the trees.  That said.I am back QRV on 477.9KHz in CW mode now.    I
will need to replace the Dacron ropes that are many years old over the next
few weeks, but the 160m dipole feed as a Marconi-T against ground still has
the same tuning impedance.  New rope is on back-order but should be here by
the time Santa arrives. hi..hi.   Yellow nylon rope graces the yard for now.

I plan to have WG2XFQ QRV with Heising AM for the usual "Fessenden Event" on
X-mas Eve and a repeat on New Year's Day for those who cannot hear it.
Planned QRG will be 487KHz with the 1922 MOPA rig.  Reports very welcome!

I hope to get the ARRL to run a post on their web page in time for folks to
listen.

-Brian, WA1ZMS/4 & XSH/31 & WG2XFQ in Va.