[600MRG] License progressing

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Fri Aug 9 01:10:54 CDT 2013

Looking forward to some QSOs with all the new license grants and
returning veterans!  John, WG2XIQ, (TX) and I (PA) had great
success last fall/winter with dozens of CW QSOs and many of those
ragchew sessions.  He ran 1W ERP for each one.

The station here is quite a mess at the moment.  It's a dice roll
if the RX antenna switching works, much of the time just dead.
Probably a few relays or microprocessors zapped during a storm in
the remote boxes (600 ft from house in woods).  Haven't checked
the beverages in 6 months, so half of them are probably shorted
out on each other or snapped.  TX antenna snapped around same
time as my 80M dipole this summer, but much easier to hoist the
80M dipole up in the 630M antennas place for now.  Hopefully find
time to get things back in order by Sept.  Thinking about trying
a pair of broadside (1200ft spacing) re-dimensioned K9AY loops
aimed west to pull the guys out in that direction better on RX
(YSE, LF, 8Z, etc.).

WSPR-2 is a good place to start.  Plenty of guys monitoring
throughout the year and unless something is terribly wrong,
you'll get spotted/decoded.

73 - CU 630M - Eric NO3M, WG2XJM