[600MRG] Inquiry regarding 600 meter band

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Aug 4 11:27:06 CDT 2013

 It has been months since the last word I saw regarding the idea of establishing a new 600-meter ham band in the U.S.  At that point the WARC conference had made it do-able, some countries had already moved ahead with various MF allocations, the ARRL had petitioned the FCC, and that petition had been lost for a while in the bureaucracy but had resurfaced.

I asked various officials of the ARRL for an update and encouraged them to continue pressing for a new allocation at 600 meters as soon as possible.  Two quick responses so far:

"While the petition has not been put on public notice we have been assured of some FCC action in the works."

and

"We inquired a couple of weeks ago about how things stand. As best we can tell there may be something forthcoming from the FCC about that petition before the end of the year."

I'm eager:  My ex-maritime transmitter and active-antenna/BC-453 combination are ready, and antenna ideas are bubbling around in my head.

Steve  WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.