[600MRG] Fwd: Re: Testing new Transmit downconverter

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Thu Apr 25 12:29:21 CDT 2013

Just a comment from the peanut gallery:

I think the goal for frequency stability on 600m should be +/- 1 Hz
(if possible).  My K3 with EXREF option uses an external 10-MHz freq
reference and is less than 1-Hz below about 10-MHz (rating is 0.1 ppm).

New WSJT QSO modes are forthcoming on HF which would be nice to use
on 600m if regulations permit it.  I don't believe currently WD2XSH
stations are allowed to run JT65 or JT9 (just WSPR).  When 600m is
approved for ham radio use, this would be beneficial.  JT65 is 10-db
better than CW for weak-signal detection.

73, Ed - KL7UW