[600MRG] Testing new Transmit downconverter

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 24 19:47:39 CDT 2013

First of all, let me say thanks to all of the stations that continue to listen
and transmit on 630m as the days seem to get longer at an alarming rate and
noise keeps going up.  The last month has been brutal here in NTX but the last
few nights have shown some improvements.  Thanks again!

Tonight I am testing a new transmit down converter developed and kitted by John
Molnar, WA3ETD/WG2XKA.  The kit is pretty sweet, with a minimum of parts and
appears to be capable of producing close to 20 watts using an IRF510 at 13.6v
and around 2 amps.

SO far I really like what I am seeing.  Anyway, I will be testing it tonight but
plan on letting it run in some capacity over night, whether as exciter only or
driving the amp, I have not yet decided.

73 and again, thanks for listening!

John KB5NJD/WG2XIQ