[600MRG] Fred Temple passed away

Mike-WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 22:46:31 CDT 2013

Just read this on Fred's Facebook page. I had spoken with his daughter
on April 12th and he was not in the best shape but he did pass along a
message to my son & I. Sure gonna miss Fred. We worked on projects
together and I don't believe we ever worked each other on the air.

Mike
WE0H
/16

Frederick R. Temple
CONNEAUT - Frederick Rodgers Temple, 72, died at his home on Tuesday,
April 16, 2013.
The son of Herbert and Margaret (Williams) Temple he was born in
Ashtabula, on October 15, 1940. A graduate of Ashtabula High School
Class of 1958, he joined the United States Air Force in 1960. Fred
retired from the United States Air Force in 1984 after serving his
country with honor and distinction.
On November 11, 1962 he married his wife, Karen Wrenholt in Clearwater,
Nebraska, and together they celebrated thirty-nine years of marriage
until her death in 2002.
Fred was employed with Lockheed Martin for eighteen years as senior
engineer, after his retirement from the United States Air Force.
A man who was blessed with scientific curiosity, Fred enjoyed computers,
Astronomy, and HAM Radios. An avid reader, he enjoyed books written by
Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking among others. Fred enjoyed sharing his
knowledge with others; he was the go-to person if you had a computer or
astronomy question.
Fred will be remembered for his dedication and duty to his country, his
inquisitive mind, his strength and courage through his illness and his
incredible love for his family.
Fred is survived by his loving children his son, Frederick J. (Sok
Cheng) Temple of Des Moines, Iowa; his daughter, Julie Ann Temple of
Conneaut; three granddaughters, Emma of Des Moines and twin
granddaughters, Rebecca and Jessica of Conneaut; his sister, Donna
(Roby) Rose of Ashtabula; and many loving nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Karen on May 5, 2002; two
children in infancy, Scott Allen and Michelle Ann; his brothers, Robert,
George, and Herbert Temple, Jr., and his sister, Barbara Rouse; and his
parents.
A service will be held 1 P.M. Monday April 22,2013 at the
Zaback-Williams-Ducro Funeral Home, 500 West Prospect Road, Ashtabula.
Burial will be in Chestnut Grove Cemetery. Military honors will be
provided by the American Legion, Dewey-Howlett Post #103.

Calling hours will from 2PM to 4PM on Sunday, April 21, 2013 at the
Zaback-Williams-Ducro Funeral Home, 500 West Prospect Road, Ashtabula, Ohio.

If desired, contributions in Fred's name may be made to the Salvation
Army, 4631 Main Avenue, Ashtabula, Ohio, 44004 or to Boys Town, 14100
Crawford St., Boys Town, NE 68010—
<https://www.facebook.com/jeff.temple.75?viewer_id=100000005478457>